Web Design & Digital Strategy
Amidst the rapidly changing world of digital marketing, you need to stay up to speed on a number of skills: know how to update your website, create and post social media, craft an integrated digital strategy, and optimize your paid search campaign. In reality, you’re being asked to do all of these things while also running your department, business or organization like the savvy expert that you are. Things inevitably can start to get hairy and the wheels start to come off despite your best intentions.
At Cassel Bear, you can tap into a team with expertise and talents in all of these areas. We help companies build responsive websites and determine the results that bring them value. Sound like a conversation you want to start? Let’s talk.
- Responsive Website Design
- Custom Design
- Custom Programming
- Domain Setup
- Paid Search
- Content Management Systems
BEFORE YOU START.
- You are not your user. What you want to talk about is not necessarily what people want out of your site. Our experience with digital marketing, combined with your expertise on what you offer, can help create a more successful website.
- A website is never truly finished. For a website to be effective, it needs intentional monitoring, updating, and periodic adjustments.
- It is better to launch a website than to delay for the last 5% of perfection. This goes back to the last point about a site never truly being finished.
- Most people decide to stay or leave a site within the first four seconds of landing there. Giving the user an immediate point of connection to who they are and what they are looking for is key. We can help you determine what this is for you and your organization.
- Don’t try to say everything on your website. In most cases people will need to call, meet with you or come to your location. Give them something to discover along the way to keep them engaged.
DON’T BE INTIMIDATED.
Industry jargon can make you feel lost sometimes. Study up on a few key terms below, and once you have these down you will feel more comfortable starting the conversation. We are here to educate and help you navigate the digital world a little bit better.
- Responsive Design: Responsive web design is the approach that allows a website to respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform, and orientation. Also referred to as mobile friendly website design.
- Custom: This is the opposite of “one-size-fits-all” website templates. “Custom designed and programmed website” means that we are paying attention to all areas of design and building a site for your business or organization based on what gives you the best value. The long-term gain of this is that you have an efficient system that runs well and has few limitations. We can continue to develop and build the site as your needs grow or change.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results, such as Google.
- Paid Search: Paid search marketing is advertising within the sponsored listings of a search engine or a partner site, most often by paying each time your ad is clicked on by a user.
- Content Management Systems: A content management system is a software application used to create and manage digital content such as a website. We sometimes refer to this as the “backend” of a website. This is where the person who has website administration duties will do their work.
“The Cassel Bear team was great to work with. I had no idea about branding, marketing, and websites, but they quickly educated me about how it all works. During the process, they also took the time to learn a ton about my side of things — how we do business, what sort of culture we’re building, befriending the team, and understanding all aspects of what we do. When developing our website, they gently pushed the timeline, but were also patient with me when I didn’t always make meetings and deadlines they had set. I was very pleased with the process, as well as the final product!”
—Gen-X Freight Services
WHAT TO INVEST.
Websites and digital projects are available in all shapes and sizes, ranging from free DIY to large budgets that only Fortune 500 companies could touch. So how should you decide what is right for you? There are a few things to think about when trying to allocate resources. First, are you viewing this as an expense or are you putting a 24 x 7 x 365 sales person or “open sign” out there for the marketplace? What results are you after? What is the value of those results today and moving forward? These are questions that you may want to think about before delving in. We can help you figure some of these things out when we start working together.
Explore Our Other Services
Selections from our Blog about Web Design & Development
It should be fairly obvious in this day and age that your website is often the primary, and maybe only, opportunity you have to connect with a potential customer. As such, it’s important to make a good first impression and show a site visitor the wide range of products you offer, or talk about your…
One of Cassel Bear’s primary services is designing and developing custom websites for our clients. The expertise, attention to content, and deep knowledge of our designers, developers, writers, and strategists mean that off-the-shelf templates or self-service website builders just don’t measure up to a site that’s designed specifically for your unique business. There are few…
You’re probably already aware that it’s important for your business to have a mobile-friendly site. We’ve discussed the benefits before, and talked briefly about the two methods for creating a mobile site: adaptive vs. responsive. But which should you use? Let’s make it simple. Unless you have a specific device that your site must support…