Entry-level Graphic Designer
Who We Are
Cassel Bear is a marketing firm based in Canton, Ohio. As a creative agency, we are intentional with every choice. We specialize in corporate branding, marketing, and web design, graphic design; and incorporate storytelling wherever possible.
*A portfolio website or pdf of work samples must be submitted in order to be considered for this position.
*This is not a remote position
- We prefer to work collaboratively, believing that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We recognize that there is an underlying mistrust of marketing firms, but we work to defy the stereotype.
- We value long-term relationships with clients because that is how we can affect the greatest impact for their organization.
- We work hard, but we enjoy our work and take time to celebrate one another’s success.
- We are self-starters and take responsibility for failures.
- When we fail, we learn from it and share any lessons learned with one another.
What We Care About
- We are not a group of flawless individuals, but we do expect professionalism in your area of discipline. We expect that team members continue to learn and grow in their craft and knowledge.
- External: We work with a variety of clients that represent a breadth of industries. Qualified candidates must communicate in a professional, friendly, and solutional manner with clients and vendors. Additionally, they must build professional relationships with clients.
- Internal: Cassel Bear team members are expected to invest in positive dialogue with co-workers. This includes when speaking of clients and co-workers.
- Team members are expected to contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Culture is caught, not taught, and is everyone’s responsibility
- Individuals must initiate. Have fun and invite others into it.
- Be prepared to share examples of how you have contributed to the culture in previous organizations.
- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes: Empathize with clients to proactively discover better solutions to problems and understand where they are coming from.
- Solution-Oriented: Assume that you are responsible for identifying and implementing solutions to issues that may arise. These may be related to interpersonal issues, projects, the environment, or our organization. Proactively seek out opportunities to improve both our product and our process.
- Alleviate Confusion: Turn difficult problems and unclear requests into achievable tasks and then work to see them through to completion. Able to pre-live the moment and identify problems and solutions in advance.
- Thanks for the Feedback: Able to accept and apply positive and negative feedback for the purpose of self-development, and ask “How can I improve?” Be thoughtful and intentional to offer it to others as well.
- The Last 2%: Committed to maintaining short accounts with peers and managers in the work environment. This includes sharing the pieces that you would prefer to not say out loud, in an effort to build trust and transparency among team members.
- 24-Hour Rule: Committed to resolving conflict or differences quickly and in a professional manner. If conflict arises, work toward a resolution as quickly as possible. If necessary, including others to help mediate through it.
- One-Team Mentality: Success in the work environment requires the unique blending of individuals, each with different strengths and gifts. Have and express appreciation for those differences, and work together to optimize them for the common good.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an on-site, full-time Entry-level Graphic Designer who is passionate about their craft and positive in their interaction with others. This person must embody creativity and passion for innovative design. Equipped with a problem-solver's mentality, the candidate must be able to engage audiences through visual storytelling and communicate client brand vision through a variety of mediums.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create compelling visual assets that are both on-brand and meet marketing objectives
- Maintain brand aesthetic across multiple channels
- Design effective banners, display ads, and infographics
- Work collaboratively with designers and project managers
- Develop, design, and execute print and digital advertisements, brochures, flyers, and other marketing materials as briefed
- Understand and work within project parameters, internal goals and requirements, usability standards, technical, budget, and schedule constraints
- Perform user research and develop UI from scratch to finished product (e.g., sketches, wireframes)
- Other duties as assigned
- An impressive portfolio that shows the ability to create visually striking design that's supported by complex thinking and problem solving
- Seeks out and responds well to feedback and art direction from others
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept to completion
- Ability to sketch quickly to produce design layouts, visual concepts, and logos
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others through written, drawn, and verbal means
- Demonstrate strong typography and color selection capability
- Experience with Adobe CC (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro), WordPress CMS, and Google Suite
- Working knowledge in HTML/CSS basics and best-practice web standards
- Can translate a printed piece or identity into a digital or interactive application
- Understands how content flows/re-flows within a web design and has an understanding of a “mobile-first” approach
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile platforms, UI, responsive design, and basic UX principles
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Graphic Design, Communication, Visual Design ) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of design, communication, and marketing materials/processes
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation based on experience. This position is contract/full-time or full-time. We offer our team members competitive salary, work/life harmony, vacation, sick, paid holidays, health benefits, and retirement plan.
Take a moment to tell us about who you are. Fill out the form below…and cross your fingers. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch shortly.