Cassel Bear is seeking a full-time, mid-level graphic designer with three to five years of experience to work on-site as a member of our talented team. This candidate must be able to develop, maintain, and modify print and digital pieces, conceptualize UI/UX designs, and help implement digital strategy efforts while working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, writers, developers, analysts, strategists, and project managers.
The graphic designer must embody creativity and passion for innovative design. Equipped with a problem-solver’s mentality, the candidate must be able to engage audiences through visual storytelling and communicate client brand vision through a variety of mediums.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A PDF OF RELEVANT WORK OR A LINK TO YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Impressive portfolio that shows the ability to create visually striking design that’s supported by complex thinking and problem solving
- Seeks out and responds well to feedback and art direction from others
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept to completion
- Ability to sketch quickly to produce design layouts, visual concepts, and logos
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others through written, drawn, and verbal means
- Proficient in Adobe CC (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro), WordPress CMS, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Understanding of HTML/CSS basics and best practice web standards
- Can translate a printed piece or identity into a digital or interactive application
- Understands how content flows/re-flows within a web design and has an understanding of a “mobile first” approach
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile platforms, UI, responsive design, and basic UX principles
- Strong understanding of graphic design, layout, color theory, and typography
- Capable of working on several projects simultaneously and adhering to deadlines
- An ownership mentality to see projects through from beginning to end
- Ability to act proactively on projects, creating concepts and content layout for creative director’s revision or approval
- High attention to details
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to learn and gain more skills and experience
- Ability to proofread own work
- Bachelor’s degree (Graphic Design, Advertising, Fine Art, or similar degree preferred) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of design, communication, and marketing materials/processes
Compensation based on experience. This position is full-time. We offer our team members a competitive salary, work/life harmony, vacation, sick, paid holidays, health benefits, and retirement plan.
Cassel Bear is a strategic design shop based in Northeast Ohio. As a creative agency, we put purpose into everything we do — crafting visual ideas and stories that are supported by a personable exchange of details in order to heighten the way our clients advertise, market, and do business. Understanding the language of design and cultivating purpose in our daily work, we know that what we do today impacts tomorrow.
- We work collaboratively with team members filling specific roles but also speaking into broader areas of expertise.
- High value is placed on being self-directed and self-motivated, able to manage your own time, and keep an eye on details.
- We work hard, but we also take time to celebrate success and enjoy our work together.