Cassel Bear is seeking a full-time content writer to be responsible for creating copy for client projects, repurposing existing content for multiple media channels, and organizing content to support the marketing of Cassel Bear. The ideal candidate will have experience in creative, technical, and digital content writing. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an even-keeled disposition with a down-to-earth knack for writing for Midwest audiences. If you’re creative, self-motivated, and fun, we want to take a look at your work history and writing samples!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Own copy for Cassel Bear’s client web, print, and marketing projects
- Amplify the stories of our customers and position them as leaders in their industry in order to champion customer success
- Partner with principal and creative director to identify best solutions for copy layout
- Conduct customer interviews and translate technical conversations into engaging copy
- Create and repurpose customer content for a variety of channels including web, blog, video, and social media
- Support marketing initiatives for Cassel Bear through web, print, social, blog, and other marketing outletsQualifications
- Proven ability as a natural storyteller with excellent narration and writing skills
- Excellent sense of appropriate voice for clients
- Strong conceptual, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to complete multiple tasks and projects ahead of deadline and on budget
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail as a proofreader and fact checker
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Thorough understanding of web and print processes
- Adapts well to a creative team with a range of personalities
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Remain highly motivated and well-organized
- Operate under pressure and with multiple deadlines
- Respond positively to internal critiques and client feedback
- Ready, willing, and able to serve as a team player on any size project
- BFA or BA with a concentration on Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in content creation, communications, journalism, or marketing
- Proficient in AP Style
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
Compensation based on experience. This position is contract/full-time or full-time. We offer our team members competitive salary, work/life harmony, vacation, sick, paid holidays, health benefits, and retirement plan.
Cassel Bear is a strategic design shop based in Northeast Ohio. As a creative agency, we put purpose into everything we do — crafting visual ideas and stories that are supported by a personable exchange of details in order to heighten the way our clients advertise, market, and do business. Understanding the language of design and cultivating purpose in our daily work, we know that what we do today impacts tomorrow.
- We work collaboratively with team members filling specific roles but also speaking into broader areas of expertise.
- High value is placed on being self-directed and self-motivated, able to manage your own time, and keep an eye on details.
- We work hard, but we also take time to celebrate success and enjoy our work together.