Who We Are
Cassel Bear is a marketing firm based in Canton, Ohio. As a creative agency, we are intentional with every choice. We specialize in corporate branding, marketing, and web design, graphic design; and incorporate storytelling wherever possible.
- We prefer to work collaboratively, believing that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We recognize that there is an underlying mistrust of marketing firms, but we work to defy the stereotype.
- We value long-term relationships with clients because that is how we can affect the greatest impact for their organization.
- We work hard, but we enjoy our work and take time to celebrate one another’s success.
- We are self-starters and take responsibility for failures.
- When we fail, we learn from it and share any lessons learned with one another.
What We Care About
- We are not a group of flawless individuals, but we do expect professionalism in your area of discipline. We expect that team members continue to learn and grow in their craft and knowledge.
- External: We work with a variety of clients that represent a breadth of industries. Qualified candidates must communicate in a professional, friendly, and solutional manner with clients and vendors. Additionally, they must build professional relationships with clients.
- Internal: Cassel Bear team members are expected to invest in positive dialogue with co-workers. This includes when speaking of clients and co-workers.
- Team members are expected to contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Culture is caught, not taught, and is everyone’s responsibility
- Individuals must initiate. Have fun and invite others into it.
- Be prepared to share examples of how you have contributed to the culture in previous organizations.
- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes: Empathize with clients to proactively discover better solutions to problems and understand where they are coming from.
- Solution-Oriented: Assume that you are responsible for identifying and implementing solutions to issues that may arise. These may be related to interpersonal issues, projects, the environment, or our organization. Proactively seek out opportunities to improve both our product and our process.
- Alleviate Confusion: Turn difficult problems and unclear requests into achievable tasks and then work to see them through to completion. Able to pre-live the moment and identify problems and solutions in advance.
- Thanks for the Feedback: Able to accept and apply positive and negative feedback for the purpose of self-development, and ask “How can I improve?” Be thoughtful and intentional to offer it to others as well.
- The Last 2%: Committed to maintaining short accounts with peers and managers in the work environment. This includes sharing the pieces that you would prefer to not say out loud, in an effort to build trust and transparency among team members.
- 24-Hour Rule: Committed to resolving conflict or differences quickly and in a professional manner. If conflict arises, work toward a resolution as quickly as possible. If necessary, including others to help mediate through it.
- One-Team Mentality: Success in the work environment requires the unique blending of individuals, each with different strengths and gifts. Have and express appreciation for those differences, and work together to optimize them for the common good.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an on-site, full-time Content Writer who is passionate about their craft and positive in their interaction with others. Candidates must provide examples of their work in each of the following categories as well as professional and character references.
- Creative Writing
- Technical Writing
- Script Writing
- Case Studies
- Social Media
- Email Campaigns
- SEO Content
- Keyword Research & Application
- Digital Marketing Practices & Automation
- Inbound Marketing Materials
Duties and Responsibilities
- Content strategy and copywriting for in-house and client projects.
- Interview clients in order to learn their business and communicate their authority, and position them as leaders in their industry
- Partner with Principal and Creative Director to identify best solutions for copy layout.
- Create and repurpose customer content for a variety of channels including web, blog, video, and social media.
- Support marketing initiatives for Cassel Bear through web, print, social, blog, and other marketing outlets.
- Partner in creative, content, and storytelling brainstorming sessions.
- Proven ability as a natural storyteller with excellent narration and writing skills.
- Excellent sense of appropriate voice for clients.
- Strong conceptual, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated to complete multiple tasks and projects ahead of the deadline and on budget.
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail as a proofreader and fact-checker.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Adapts well to a creative team with a range of personalities.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Remain highly motivated and well-organized.
- Operate under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
- Respond positively to internal critiques and client feedback.
- Ready, willing, and able to serve as a team player on any size project.
Education & Experience
- BA with a concentration on Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in content creation, communications, journalism, or marketing
- Proficient in AP Style
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation based on experience. This position is contract/full-time or full-time. We offer our team members competitive salary, work/life harmony, vacation, sick, paid holidays, health benefits, and retirement plan.
Take a moment to tell us about who you are. Fill out the form below…and cross your fingers. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch shortly.