PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Account Manager develops and maintains profitable relationships with new and existing clients to increase Cassel Bear company revenue. S/he is responsible for writing, winning, sustaining and renewing client contracts, and then ensuring a smooth hand-off to Creative Team members as they commence work on projects. S/he must be familiar with our industry’s concepts and practices, as well as Cassel Bear’s products and service offerings. The Account Manager impacts the work of others and requires a high degree of flexibility, administrative ability, energy for people, and relational acumen. In addition to selling one-off projects to occasional clients, the Account Manager oversees ongoing agency relationships with businesses and organizations that hire Cassel Bear to develop their marketing strategies, marketing plans, big picture design concepts and solutions. S/he collaborates with the Creative Director to maximize product and service form, function, and cost effectiveness, developing solutions that both meet the clients’ requests while engaging Cassel Bear’s skill and expertise.
The Account Manager is the key sales and strategy liaison to our prospects and clients. S/he is directly responsible for winning and maintaining the business that supports the career of every associate. S/he must be resilient, self-motivated, energetic, focused and dedicated, and her/his concern must extend beyond personal interests to the welfare of the whole. Her/his success depends not simply on hard work, preparation and perseverance, but also an unwavering confidence in self and the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following listed below.
- Management of Agency Relationship Accounts
- Ongoing relationship building and development with Cassel Bear’s agency clients
- Work with clients to develop annual marketing strategies, marketing plans, big picture design concepts and solutions
- Per project, identify client needs and communicate those needs to Creative Team
- Assist in developing big picture design concepts / brand strategy and development
- Review customer accounts to identify issues and visit customers to discuss and resolve problems
- Maintain project budgets
- Advocate for and champion Cassel Bear’s design solutions back to client
- Management of Project Based Client Accounts
- Maintain communication with clients that do not have active projects to keep Cassel Bear’s capabilities in the forefront of their minds
- Track customer contact and maintain a contact plan for each client
- Communicate industry information / developments to clients that would pertain to their business
- Visits clients to build relationship, check in on latest happenings, look for ways that Cassel Bear should be helping them
- Identify and communicate projects that would benefit clients in a sincere, concise manner
- Procure new one-off projects for Cassel Bear through this repeated contact
- New Business Development
- Develop industry targets and prospect lists
- Develop plans and methods to reach industries and prospects
- Schedule and participate in sales meetings
- Get involved with strategic community/networking events to promote our company’s presence
- Bring new clients into the Cassel Bear portfolio
- Cassel Bear Corporate Development
- Serve as part of the Cassel Bear Management Team, alongside the Principal and Creative Director
- Work together with Principal and Business Advisor in developing a cookbook for business development that is aligned with company goals
- Assist with development of product and service offerings of Cassel Bear, based on client needs
- Potential oversight of other Account Managers on the Cassel Bear team
- Seek out strategic partners within the industry and establishes relationships with them
- Continually learns about the industry and trends through multiple resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty/responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – A marketing, business, or design degree is preferred with a minimum of two years marketing experience.
Language Skills – Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential. Account Managers must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing. They must be able to accurately interpret communication from clients and have the ability to communicate client requirements effectively to the
appropriate internal team members.
Mathematical Skills – Sound basic mathematical skills are required.
Reasoning Ability – Succinct reasoning ability is required in order to effectively identify customer needs and efficiently match those needs with our capabilities.
Physical And Emotional Demands – While performing the duties of this job, Account Managers are regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The Account Manager must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Account Managers are required to have emotional stability to deal with clients professionally, develop client rapport and resolve conflicts. The employee must also have the ability to deal with confidentiality of passwords and financial information. Moreover, the employee must have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, passionately advocating for a point of view, while also holding opinions loosely if they are trumped during the creative process. The ability to give and receive constructive feedback is a must.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Computer Skills – S/he must be competent in the use of the Macintosh operating platform.
Additional Skills – The skills listed below include those that are needed to be successful in this position.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and motivate others in leading by example
- Ability to proactively and assertively convey concerns and issues to clients
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with all personality types
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned or needed
- Practice and encourage the principles of continuous improvement
- Work effectively with a variety of people as a member of a team
- Possess strong persuasive and logical reasoning skills
Compensation based on experience. Full-time position. Competitive benefits available.